Gluten-free Cooking for DummiesBook - 2008
Want to create tasty gluten-free meals and snacks? Gluten-Free Cooking For Dummies is loaded with more than 150 wheat-and gluten-free recipes. These sweet, spicy, and aromatic dishes prove that living the gluten-free lifestyle can be not only fun and easy, but delicious and nutritious too!
This practical, guide shows you how to select the right ingredients and prepare classic healthy dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. You’ll find out what you can and can’t use in gluten-free cooking, learn to spot the hidden gluten in foods, discover surprising ways to save money when you go shopping, and even manage your weight. You’ll also learn how to convert your current favorite recipes to gluten-free delights using ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Discover how to:
- Prepare your kitchen for gluten-free cooking
- Shop for gluten-free products
- Boost nutrition and flavor in your dishes
- Get the kids involved in gluten-free cooking
- Make any meal gluten free
- Add color and nutrition at the same time
- Cook gluten-free without a recipe
- Do the “impossible”— gluten-free baking
- Make gluten-free sandwiches, wraps, and pizzas
- Create fabulous gluten-free fish, chicken, and meat dishes
- Go gluten-free and vegetarian, too
Complete with delightful lists of gluten-free comfort foods, kid’s favorites, and ways to eat gluten-free while traveling Gluten-Free Cooking For Dummies is the best way yet to stay happy, healthy, well-fed, and wheatless!
Baker & Taylor
Presents a collection of more than 150 gluten-free recipes along with information on shopping for gluten-free products, recognizing hidden gluten in foods, boosting nutrition, and preparing a kitchen to be gluten-free.