The Couture Skirt : More Sewing Secrets From A Chanel CollectorBook - 2014
Presents sewing methods based on the author's knowledge of haute couture construction and her research on original Chanel garments.
Ingram Publishing Services
Sew a signature skirt for yourself. An expert on Chanel's clothing, Claire B. Shaeffer shares her unique insider-expertise of the couture industry. In her latest book, Couture Sewing: The Couture Skirt, she takes home sewers through each detailed step required to cut, fit, stitch, and construct a perfect designer-quality couture skirt.
Professional instruction from a renowned fashion expert! This book with DVD set presents the know how and design-atelier secrets to replicate the iconic Chanel faux-wrap skirt. The DVD offers a 90-minute comprehensive sewing workshop like Shaeffer's in-person smash hit, sell-out sewing classes.
- Features more than 200 photographs, plus step-by-step instruction on couture-specific construction methods.
- The companion DVD demonstrates essential sewing and construction techniques, professional tricks and shortcuts, and a careful study of existing Chanel skirts and suits (from Shaeffer's impressive couture collection).
- Learn couture sewing techniques--used by professional designers and in European design ateliers--ideal for serious sewers, beginners seeking inspiration, and fashion mavens.
High-style for beginners and serious sewers. Find inspiration in Coco Chanel's classic, elegant style and learn impeccable construction secrets, characteristics of the Chanel skirt, the details which distinguish a couture skirt, and master traditional couture sewing skills:
- Seam finishes and Details
- Planning the Skirt
- Layout and Mark, and much more
From the skirt to the iconic Chanel suit. With Shaeffer's previous must-read Couture Sewing: The Couture Cardigan Jacket (The Taunton Press, 2013) you will be able to create your own complete Chanel suit with a beautiful fit and finish!
A fashion design historian and haute couture expert focuses on the garments created by Chanel and offers home sewers the inside scoop on techniques, construction methods and design-atelier industry secrets to create their own impressive clothing. Includes companion step-by-step DVD. Original.